Tuesday, May 1, 2018

He is working in Guatemala!

 A great sunset overlooking the hospital
Once again the familiar sights and sounds of rural Guatemala have filled our eyes and ears. We see the long lines of people walking and waiting outside the clinic as the dust enters our living room from their feet. We hear the mixture of laughter and crying from small children as they wait to be seen. These sights and sounds are mixed with the cacophony of birds, bugs, farm animals and motor bikes which persist at a steady pace throughout the day.


Gracie made us a Bouquet
For our family, we've enjoyed being back in our familiar, rural city. We've appreciated seeing the advances that slowly, continue to unfold at Hospital Adonai over the year. Since our last visit, the lab has tripled in available tests, digital X-Ray is up and running (although Shea and I don't make the best Rad-techs), and our pharmacy seems to increase in available treatment options. We work diligently to wade through the red tape of government regulations, and necessary personnel to achieve the goal of a complete, functioning hospital. Everyday brings us closer to this goal. Despite obstacles over the year, Shea and I are happy to see that we have increased our ability to diagnose and treat the sick, which better allow us to be His "hands and feet".

Kiera always finds the cutest animals
Throughout this process, we have been faced with many unforeseen challenges, and difficulties. With these challenges and difficulties its easy to ask God.....Where are you? My expectations are that if I'm being obedient to God, that He should automatically, and easily open all the doors. When this doesn't happen, I'm left wondering..."Where is God?, or What did I do wrong?" What I've realized more over the last month is that God simply wants me to come to Him. When things are challenging it forces me on my knees with my hands lifted toward heaven. That posture of submission is what he desires. That is how a relationship of intimacy with Him is developed.

John 10:10 says: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full

John 15:10 says: I have told you this so my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.
Ever is one of our best nurses

It was great having our whole Az crew down for a week
He wants more from us then just "white knuckle" obedience. He wants to give us true joy and life to the full. This joy only comes through intimacy with Him, which can only be found by daily getting on our knees. Unfortunately, for me its often the challenges that force this posture. Thankfully, He's always there waiting.



Our first surgery was Reid's head(why am I not surprised)


Hanging out at our local restaurant






Grammy found some cool things to buy even in Guatemala


Matt pulled out this monster tooth with giant roots


No comments:

Post a Comment